New York Sports Club - 125th Street location of NYSC

2.1
Additional Fees
Cleanliness
Equipment Quality

I’ve been a member since 2003. I attend the 125th Street location.

There are two reasons why I’m still there in spite of the rapid deterioration of the club. One, the instructors (TJ and Maki) and the sauna. Until recently, I sauna bathed at least 2x a week at the 125 location. Last week the sauna room was shut down by the department of health.

Not surprised. The lack of on premises management allows ignorant members to get away with wearing street clothes in the sauna room. Frankly, I thought that’s why it was closed down. NOT.

It was closed because management let the City required certification expire. We lost the use of the steam room several years ago without explanation and without a reduction in monthly dues.

Let’s get with it NYSC. Provide adequate management, follow up with the business required certifications and hire adequate staff to run the location.

New York Sports Club - Incorrect Charges on Credit Card

I was offered a monthly membership of $69.95 and 1 month free.

I was charged $89.95 for that month that was supposed to be free and have been charged $89.95 monthly ever since for the past 3 months.

I have tried to get a refund from them and they do promise me that I will see the refund.

However, that has not been the case and I'm still waiting for my refund since 2 months. I have called and emailed them atleast 10 times and always get the runaround from them. This is not the way to treat a customer - promising him a certain price and not charging that price. Promising refund and not giving it.

New York Sports Club - Autorenewal membership, hidden fees, cancellation problem

New York City, New York 0 comments

I have been trying to cancel my membership since last year. I have written proof (receipt) for cancellation, various emails confirming that I do not owe any further payments, that the balance on account is $0.00.

And yet, I keep receiving collection letters and calls. The membership services (hard to get a hold of on the phone) at NYSC tell me on the phone that my membership is cancelled, balance is $0.00, but the club keeps trying to run the charges on my credit card.

I've filed a complaint with credit card against NYSC, too. It was resolved, I owe nothing, yet I CONTINUE TO BE HARRASED BY NYSC AND THEIR THIRD PARTY COLLECTIONS.

Review about: Member Dues.